With AKROTEK® PEEK, AKRO-PLASTIC GmbH rounds off its product portfolio in the area of high-performance compounds. Among the high-performance polymers, polyetheretherketone (PEEK) is suitable for the most demanding applications thanks to its excellent mechanical properties and pronounced chemical resistance. Alongside conventional glass fibre and carbon fibre filled compounds, tribologically modified grades are now available. Our primary goal is always to develop innovative products. To achieve this, we sometimes pursue unconventional paths in partnership with our customers. In cooperation with our customers, we develop PEEK compounds that meet the industry-specific requirements, correspond to medical technology, aviation or the automotive industry and are suitable for thermally and chemically aggressive environments.
- Excellent mechanical properties due to high strength, stiffness and impact resistance
- High continuous operating temperature up to 260 °C with excellent creep properties
- High dimensional stability, even at elevated temperatures
- High resistance to wear and fatigue
- High resistance to hydrolysis, aggressive chemicals and radiation
- Physiologically harmless
- Inherently flame retardant (V0 according to UL 94) with low smoke density and toxicity